These pictures are from March 21, 2012
MeMe called me on March 20, 2012 to tell me that Pa was in the hospital and that the Lymphoma cancer cells had spread to his spinal fluid and they weren't sure how much longer he had. They were going to put the chemo drugs directly into his spinal fluid and then see if it helped. He originally went into the hospital on March 15 or 16. He hadn't been feeling well and was having double vision. The reason MeMe hadn't called me before then was because my whole family was in New Orleans for the wedding and she didn't want word getting to them that this was going on. She didn't want to ruin the wedding by worrying everyone. Anyway, Pa came home from the hospital on the 21st, so after Dallin was done with school, I took the kids up to visit. I was shocked to see how sick he looked. And he was kind of out of it. It was really hard to see him like that. It had only been a month since we had his birthday party and he looked fine then. I am so grateful my dad thought that we should get pictures with Pa and the kids. He said it could be the last time they saw him. I knew that was a possibility, but I really thought that he would pull through and be fine, which is why Aaron wasn't there with us. I think I was thinking this because Pa had cancer for like 8 years and was fine up until this time he went to the hospital. I mean, he would have chemo and go to work, or to play tennis. I just figured(hoped) he would eventually get back to that. I think I was in denial and shock.
I am just so glad the kids got a chance to say goodbye, even if they won't remember it(especially the younger two). These pictures will forever be precious to me.
Dallin
Brooke
Aiden



2 comments:
Hope that you are doing better. It is so nice that we can take pictures to remember. Sending you love!!!
It is always fun to spend time with you and the kids. I love you all so very much. I look forward to the next play day.
Post a Comment