Today was not a good day. It started yesterday when Aaron was at work from 6 am to after 7 pm. I was home with the kids and no car. I tried to be a good mom yesterday and keep the kids entertained since we didn't have anywhere to go. We played play doh, and board games, and watched a movie. Today, it was not like that. I was so exhausted from such a long day yesterday, plus being so pregnant, and also getting over a cold. Today we all stayed in our pajamas all day. The kids watched too much Netflix. I finally got them both down for a nap(yes, Dallin still naps most days. I'm a mean mom). I started working on a project that I started last week and I messed up on part of it and will have to continue working on it another day. Brooke didn't sleep as long as I would have liked. I found ants in our kitchen. I hate ants. It makes me feel like I don't clean the house enough. Then I found out our toilet was clogged. I couldn't get it working after plunging, so I figured Dallin must have put something in it. When he woke up, I asked him and he said that it was one of my hair clips. Awesome. Well, Aaron was still at work and not sure when he was going to be home. By this time it was past when he would have normally already been on his way home. Luckily my dad was home and able to come fix the toilet. If someone has any tips on how I can keep my almost 5 year old to stop putting things in the toilet, please let me know. This is like the 3rd time it has happened now. Then after that problem was taken care of, I made dinner for me and the kids and they refused to eat it. Awesome. By the time Aaron got home at like 7 (2 hours later than usual), dinner was cold. I should have just waited to make it until he got home. And now, to top off the wonderful day, we are having a lovely winter-like snow storm.
So here are some things that I am doing to cure myself from a yucky day. . .
Homemade chocolate chip cookies straight from the oven and cold milk.
Ice cold Mtn. Dew
(yes, I am still drinking it even though I am pregnant. Judge away!)
Knowing that this guy only has to work a half day tomorrow because of all the hours he has already put in this week. Also I have a date with him tomorrow night!
Also it helps to know that days like this don't happen very often. It does make me feel very grateful to have a husband that is usually home by 5 to help me with the kids. I have a cousin and she is basically a single mom while her husband is out serving our country. He will be home in June after close to 2 years of being away. After my two very long days this week, I don't know how she does it with her two girls everyday. She is seriously AMAZING! So is her husband for making the decision to serve our country. I seriously have no right to complain when I have a day like today.
Well, congratulations if you made it to the end of this post! If this blog is going to be about our life, it needs to document the good AND the bad, right?


2 comments:
Sorry you had a bad day! I wish I was home more to give you some help! You are a great mom and the kids are lucky to have you!! Love, Mom
I am glad that you had such a fun birthday!!! I wish spring were here too. Staying inside all day is no fun at all!
Post a Comment