Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Potty Training Brooke (skip this post if you don't want to read about the topic)

Up until Wednesday evening, Brooke has shown no interest in potty training.  I wasn't even going to bother to try and get her interested because I was worried she would regress once we had the baby.  Well Wednesday night, I just happened to ask her if she needed to go potty.  She said she did so she sat on the potty and went.  I couldn't believe it.  I had purchased a little prize at the dollar store for incentive so she got her prize.
Bracelets and rings.

I figured that it would just be a one time thing.  I still wanted to make a big deal of it so maybe she would want to try.  Well, here it is Monday(you won't see this until Wednesday).  And she has gone potty at least once a day since then.  Today it was twice and the second time she did it without anyone asking if she needed to go.  I'm trying not to get my hopes up.  I am not ready to have her wear underpants instead of diapers because the few times we have tried in the past few days she has had accidents.  I am too pregnant and lazy to clean up after her.  She is definatley making progress though.  There is a chance that she will have herself trained by the time the baby gets here!  I guess we will see.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's great!! What a cute picture of Brooke and look at Dallin creepin in the back..definitely my nephew :) haha

Taylor Family said...

Hope potty train is still going well.. Getting excited that you are getting closer to having your baby!