Friday, April 19, 2013

Our Downtown Date

Aaron's work had a room at the downtown Marriott, so we were able to stay for free on Friday, April 5.

Here was our view out of the floor to ceiling window in the room.  We could look out on the Salt Palace which was where his work's convention was.

I got to the room and was able to read and relax before Aaron was done working.  When he was done we went and ate dinner at Blue Lemon at City Creek.  It was so yummy!  I wanted to go to Deseret Book but apparently Marie Osmond was there signing her book so it was super crowded.  I had to get something at Forever 21 and then we got dessert at Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory.  We went back to the room and watched TV.  We had to go up a few floors to find a vending machine that wasn't empty and when we got on the elevator to go back down, Aaron pushed all the buttons on the elevator.  Well, as soon as he did that someone else got on, so we hurried and got off and ran to the stairs.  We opened the door to the stairs we were shocked to find this view.

It was a little scary to run right into this view.  We were expecting an inside stairwell.
We made it back to our room and just laughed about how immature we are.

The next morning we woke up and walked to a bakery for breakfast.

These were on the sidewalk and I thought they were neat.

We ate here and it was so good!
We actually ate at the cafe portion for breakfast and got some treats from the bakery portion to take home.  I got the chocolate crossaint and it was AMAZING!

As an added bonus we saw this little number at a gas station on 3rd South.
It was a fun relaxing little getaway!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was a lot of fun. I really enjoy spending time with you.