Sunday, February 17, 2013

2/17



Today would be Pa's 76 birthday.  It has been 10 months and I still miss him like crazy.  It is hard to believe he is gone.  I am grateful for the knowledge that I will see him again.  I am also grateful for my calling and my kids.  They helped a lot today to keep my mind off the fact that we should be at MeMe and Pa's having dinner and birthday cake.  I am grateful that I am the oldest grandchild and I was lucky enough to be the one to know him the longest.  I am grateful that Pa was self employed and would let me tag along with him to work.  I am grateful that because of Pa's chronic lateness that I have learned to be chronically early to most things.  I can even do it with 3 kids!  I am grateful for all of the birthday sleepovers I was able to do with him and MeMe.  I am grateful that he taught me to ski and snowboard, I only wish I had the time and money to relearn how to do it because it has been too long.  I am grateful for all the vacations and trips to the cabin.  I am grateful for the example of living life to the fullest.  I seriously could go on and on.  I am grateful my kids got to know him, I just hope the older two remember how great he is.  Love you Pa.

Oh, and on a lighter note I am grateful Pinterest and Instagram weren't around (or at least popular) a year ago.  Let's all imagine how fun that would have been to teach him about.

No comments: