Saturday, February 2, 2013

Jr. Jazz



Ever since we moved out to Eagle Mountain, I have been trying to get Dallin to play a sport.  He wanted to play basketball but we missed registration for some reason right after we moved in.  When baseball sign ups and soccer signup each came around I would ask Dallin if he wanted to play those.  He would refuse and say he just wanted to play basket ball.  I tried to explain to him that he could do more than one sport, but still he refused.  So, a few months ago when Jr. Jazz sign ups started I made sure to sign him up.

Here he is at his first practice!

His first game was 3 weeks ago.  He refused to play.  He was so nervous.  My poor dad had to drive an hour just to get him to go to the game.  He sat with Dallin during the whole game while Dallin sat there being stubborn.  But, after that game was over he realized that it really wasn't so scary.

Here are a few pictures from last weeks game.


Dallin is #5 in the blue shorts.  Not to be confused with the #5 on the same team wearing long pants.

These kids are so funny to watch.  Some of them are amazing and you can tell that they have played before.  Others, like Dallin, are playing for the first time.  It's pretty entertaining.  I don't even know if they keep score.  Last week though, it was an obvious blow out.  We only scored one, maybe two baskets and the other team made almost every shot.  Most of the kids are just glad to be playing and have fun.  We have 5 more games left and I hope Dallin has enough fun that he wants to play next year.

No comments: