Monday, March 11, 2013

Four leaf clover tutorial

I just came up with this simple project for Brooke and I to do.  I thought I would share it with you.  Please excuse the pictures.  I have a nice camera, but I am still learning how to use it. 


You will need green construction paper, scissors, and glue.

I then cut my paper into 1/2 and 2 1/4 size strips

Take one strip and fold in half

fold in half again

And one more time.

Cut along the fold.  You will cut a half a heart shape.  

When you unfold the cut shape you will have 4 hearts!

Put some glue on the pointy end of the heart

Glue the heart to a little scrap piece of paper with the point of the heart in the middle of the paper.
  
Repeat with the other 3 hearts and it should look like this.  
Cut a scrap piece of your paper to look like a stem.

Glue the stem to the back of the clover and you are done!

This was simple enough for my almost 5 year old to do.  I cut the hearts and she did the rest!

We put ours on our back door!

Happy St. Patrick's day! (on Sunday!)


No comments: