Friday, August 5th, we had Andrew's funeral. Dallin and Brooke slept over at Aaron's parents so we didn't have to worry about chasing them around. They didn't really know Andrew, and I think they are too young to be worrying about death. We had Aiden with us and he did awesome. I fed him before we left for the funeral and he slept until about 1/2 way through the service and ate a bottle. The service was really nice. It was sad, but it is good to know that we will see Andrew again. I honestly don't know how people cope with loss without this knowledge. My mom spoke about tender mercies. We all noticed a lot of them in the week or two after hearing the sad news. My uncle Ralpher spoke about all the good memories he had growing up with Drew. Amanda, Brittney, and I each read a poem that Andrew had written. My grandpa spoke and then Nate spoke about the Plan of Salvation. A friend of my grandma's sang a Josh Groban song and did a wonderful job. After the service was over most of us walked to the gravesite. It was only a couple blocks away from the church. Aiden, my mom, a friend of ours, and I rode with a member of the bishopric. Andrew was buried with military honors. A marine played taps and my grandma was presented with a flag. It was so touching. My dad dedicated the grave and when the service was over we went back to the church for a lunch. It was a sad day, but a good day. All pictures are mine unless otherwise noted.

My mom, Pa, Ralpher, MeMe
Aiden sleeping away
"Paris" and "Nicole"
Aaron and me
picture taken by Amanda
MeMe being presented with the flag
Pic stolen taken from my aunt's facebook (thanks Ange!)
The marine who played Taps
also from my aunt's facebook page
No comments:
Post a Comment