Friday, June 8, 2012

Manila Day 2

Ok, on to Day 2.  Didn't get to posting yesterday.  It was a crazy day and we ended up taking Brooke to the Instacare for staples in her scalp. Awesome.

Ok, here we go!


Yes, those are bones.  The kids dug these up in a far corner of the property.

We packed lunches and went to a creek.  It was kind of a hike so I stayed in the van with Aiden.  I had the camera, so I have no pictures of the kids on the hike. Oops.  Well, here is one of Aiden playing in the van.


After the hike we found some picnic tables to eat lunch.

Brooke, Dallin and Cousin K.

Grandpa Doug taught Aiden how to use a straw!
Seriously, it is like the best thing when they learn to use a straw.
Except now he thinks he needs to share my Dew & Dr. Pepper with me.

My boy and me.

After lunch we packed up and headed back.

Grandma Vickie had another craft for the kids to do.
They decorated canvas bags.

Dallin

Brooke

Dallin's finished bag.

Dinner was supposed to be hot dogs over the fire, but the wind was not cooperating.  We had Hawaiian haystacks instead, and I have to say, I didn't miss the hot dogs.  The Hawaiian haystacks had me wondering why I don't make them at home.  They were delicious.

The wind did end up calming down and we were able to have a fire and make smores.

The pyros getting the fire going.

The older kids waiting patiently.

Day 3 coming tomorrow.  Hopefully!

No comments: