I am going to a recipe group tonight and the theme is salads. I was typing up the recipe that I am bringing and just thought I would post it. It is one of my favorite salads.
Spinach Salad
For Salad:
1 bag washed spinach
1 head red leaf lettuce
1 carton small curd cottage cheese
1 oz slivered almonds
3 cups grated swiss cheese
8 slices cooked and crumbled bacon
For Marinade:
1 chopped Bermuda onion
¾ pound sliced mushrooms
1 cup oil
½ cup red wine vinegar
½ teaspoon dry mustard
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup sugar
1 tablespoon poppy seeds
Combine marinade ingredients and refrigerate overnight or for 3 or 4 hours.
Combine salad ingredients in a large bowl. Just before serving, pour marinade over salad and toss.
Just a couple of tips. This makes a lot of salad. You might want to just pour half the marinade over half the salad. Once the marinade is on, you can’t save the salad for too long. Also, I usually only use half an onion if the onion is on the large side, and I never use the full amount of mushrooms that the recipe calls for.
Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment