Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Christmas

This year, Christmas was different.  It was our 1st one without Pa and it just didn't feel like Christmas.  I never really did get the Christmas spirit this year.  I did feel it during our concert, but that was it.  I just wasn't in the mood.  I think if we didn't have kids, I would have boycotted it altogether. Hopefully next Christmas will be better.  Also, we only got the kids 1 thing they wanted, 1 thing they needed, 1 thing they can read, and 1 thing they could wear.  It was good, but not as fun as last year when we went overboard.

all ready for the kids!

the traditional stair picture.  Aiden had woken up really early, so he wasn't happy.

Opening their stockings 



On to the presents
Dallin got some Magic Tree House books

Aiden's "need" was a new water bottle

Brooke's books

This was Dallin's "need".  It holds his DS games

Brooke got a princess and a matching dress up

After we finished, we got ready and drove to my parents' house for breakfast and presents.
Aiden got some animals 

My mom made this awesome LEGO blanket for Dallin

Aiden got a dump truck

Oh, and the older two got Kindle Fires.
They got spoiled.

Spencer and Natalie were supposed to be getting on a plane to fly up from St. George.  Spencer called and talked to my dad and said they weren't going to make it.  My dad said that Spencer was almost in tears.  Well, a little while later, Nate and Kas got there from being in Payson and right after that the doorbell rang.  I answered it and there were Spencer and Natalie!  I screamed out of shock!  They came in and everyone was so excited.  It was a fun Christmas surprise.
We just spent the day at my parents' until it was time to go to MeMe's.
We ate and opened presents.  MeMe got most of the adults a puzzle with money inside.  You had to solve the puzzle to get the money.  It was really funny.
Dallin and Aaron trying to solve the puzzle.

Nate and Kassie trying to solve theirs

Hunter and Ralph

Aaron solved his first!

Here is Aiden.  Just because he is cute.

We decided to do white elephant gifts, and let me tell you.  If we do this next year, there needs to be better rules.  That's all I am going to say about that.  We also had Italian sodas this year.  Yum.  This year was the 2nd annual Ugly Sweater Contest.  Aaron and I didn't participate because 1. I had no time to find/make a sweater and 2. I wasn't in the mood (bah humbug).  Here are the lovely contenders for this year.
Amanda-1st place with her light up tree

Quin-2nd place.  This picture doesn't do it justice

Hunter-3rd place

Ralph

My mom

Ange

My dad(shocking that he even participated, let alone smiling)

Nate

Cam (who will be officially joining our family in the summer!)

Brittney

MeMe flashing her gansta signs

Spencer

Nat and her cat pose to match her cat sweater

Well, it was a pretty good night.  It wasn't the same without Pa blasting the Messiah, making sure there was a fire in the fireplace, a real live Christmas tree, and without our art boxes lining the hallway.  It was a hard night and I cried most of the way home.  I felt like I was the only one (besides MeMe) that was having a hard time with Pa being gone.  It really has been a rough year and I am glad it is over now.  




No comments: