Monday, July 9, 2012

Fourth of July

We did things differently this year for the holiday.  We stayed home in the morning instead of going to the Centerville parade.  Brooke and I went to a neighborhood pancake breakfast while the boys stayed home (Aiden was napping).  Then we went to the mall, just for fun.
Here are Brooke and Dallin in the food court at University Mall in Orem.
Pa was the architect in charge of the design of the food court.  It was fun to be able to show the kids some of Pa's work.  Although I don't think they understood what it was that he did.

After the mall we came home so Aiden could have a nap.  Then it was off to Aaron's parents' house for swimming and dinner.  The kids had so much fun in the little pool.




After dinner, we came home and put Aiden to bed.  Then, the older kids and I walked to a neighbor's house for a fireworks show.  I ended up having to take Brooke back home, it was too noisy for her.  Dallin had a lot of fun though.

Waiting for the firing of the parachutes

Neighbor kids running to get a parachute.

Dallin and his parachute.

Dallin laying in my lap watching the fireworks.

A crappy quality picture of the pyros responsible for our wonderful show!

Some of the fireworks




 The mess at the end!

It was such a fun, laid back day.
And by the way, we have the. BEST. neighborhood. EVER!

No comments: