I just tried this recipe last night. It turned out really well. Beef jerky is one of Aaron's favorite snacks, so I made him some. This recipe is from the 25th Anniversary Edition of the Heritage Cookbook done by the Junior League of Salt Lake City.
1 flank steak, not scored (or 4 lbs. brisket of beef)
1/2 cup soy sauce
Garlic salt, to taste
Lemon pepper, to taste
Cut meat in long strips with the grain (1/2" maximum thickness). Toss with soy sauce( I let mine marinate in the soy sauce for a couple of hours). Set a wire rack on top of a baking sheet. Arrange strips in single layer on rack. Sprinkle with garlic salt and lemon pepper(or whatever seasonings you want, I used a seasoning from Aaron's family that we use on all of our steaks). Set second rack on top of beef. Flip over. Remove top rack. Sprinkle again with garlic salt and lemon pepper. Bake at 150 degrees for 12 hours. Store in covered container. Yield: 1 to 2 lbs.
Aaron says: It is really good!
I say: I don't really like beef jerky, but this was yummy.
1 comment:
I did really like this. Ashley did a very good job making it. In fact, it did not even last until the trip.
Post a Comment