Friday, June 26, 2009

This week at the Walker house...

Sorry, I have been lame this week. I don't think I took a single picture, but here is what we have been up to.

Sunday- We took Aaron to the airport. He is in San Francisco for a whole week doing trainings for work. He will return this Sunday, so I have been a single mom all week. Being a single mom is hard. Luckily my sister does not have dance practice this week, so she has been a big help. Sunday night we had dinner at my grandma's house for Father's Day/my mom's birthday.

Monday- Kind of boring, just cleaned the house and hung out at home with the kids.

Tuesday- Amanda came with us to Kangaroo Zoo. I think she had more fun than Dallin did. After the kids were down for the night I watched Confessions of a Shopaholic. It was a cute movie.

Wednesday- It was our ward's park play day. I took the kids and hung out with the other moms while Dallin played. Brooke just sat in her stroller and just enjoyed being outside. Later, Amanda colored my hair while the kids played with Grandpa. I also got a new phone. My old one was being spastic, and it was time for me to upgrade anyway.

Thursday- The movie theater by our house was showing Ice Age 2 for free. Amanda and I took the kids and met my friend and her little girl. Dallin spent most of the movie running up and down the aisle. That night we had a baby shower for my friend. It was a lot of fun, and after everyone else left, the four of us sat around and talked for a few hours. It was so great, we haven't all been together in awhile.

Friday(today)- I went and cleaned my grandma's house while she played with the kids. Now they are(sort of) watching Wall-E. It is one of Dallin's favorite movies. When the kids are asleep I will watch another chick flick, and maybe make some cupcakes for tomorrow.

Tomorrow- My uncle is in town, so we are having a BBQ with him at my parents house. It will be fun, and hopefully wear the kids out so they go right to sleep when we get home.

Sunday- We will be picking Aaron up from the airport(finally!). We are excited to have him come home. As you can see, my stratagy for surviving a whole week as a single mom was to stay as busy as possible.

Aaron is having an awesome time in San Francisco. He is learning tons, and getting to do some touristy things also. I will try and have him blog about it when he gets back.

No comments: