Saturday, February 28, 2009

You should try these!


I made these yummy cookies today and I thought I would share the recipe in case anyone wants to try make them. If you are coming to Grandma Farr's for dinner tomorrow, you will get to sample them!

Black and Whites from the Mrs. Fields Best Ever Cookie Book

2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup (packed) dark brown sugar (I used light brown sugar and it worked fine)
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 sticks (1 cup) salted butter, softened
3 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
5 1/4 ounces semisweet chocolate bar, coarsely chopped (about 1 cup)
5 1/4 ounces white chocolate bar, coarsely chopped (about 1 cup)
(I used Ghirardelli bars located in the baking aisle. You could probably use chocolate chips instead of bars if you wanted.)

Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit

In medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa, soda, and salt. Mix well with a wire whisk. Set aside.

Blend sugars in a large bowl using an electric mixer set at medium speed. Add butter and mix to form a grainy paste, scraping down the sides of the bowl. Add eggs and vanilla, and beat at medium speed until smooth.

Add the flour mixture and chocolates, and blend at low speed until just combined. Do not overmix.

Drop by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheets, 2 inches apart. Bake for 18 to 22 minutes. Transfer cookies immediately to a cool, flat surface.

The recipe says it makes three dozen cookies. I got five dozen cookies out of this recipe.

Tip: I have an ice cream scoop that makes perfect round tablespoons of dough. It makes baking cookies so easy. If you make cookies, you should definitely get one.




1 comment:

Time to Blog It Up! said...

yummy...they look so yummy. I can't wait to try one....thanks for the recipe. Love tamee♥